Saturday 3 January 2015

12 Months Is a Very Long Time

I just wanted to share and reflect upon the last 12 months, a year of change and growth. I watched a motivational video yesterday that mentioned a concept or word I will discuss in depth, and include it here because; at this time of year and for many many others, the concept prevents them from change and success. This blog is very short and succinct because it needs no excess saturation.

12 months ago I used the word But. (alot.) If you spoke to me this time last year and asked me if I could possibly achieve what I have done - I would say No and answer with the BUT. to justify the reasons why.
If you asked me - will you reach your weight goals this time? I more than likely would have had my doubts and replied maybe, But - I failed once. I might fail again.
If you asked me, would you consider giving up Coca-Cola? I would answer But water tastes like Shit. Can you cook? But I don't know how. Can you gain the skills to cook for yourself? But I do not have the skills and it will be too hard - cooking is for those elite tv chefs. 
If you asked Can I get fit and strong? answers: But I do not have the energy required. But I feel the gym would not be a place I would feel comfortable. But I might have a cardiac. But weights cause guys to get super huge like Arnold and I do not want that massive bulk. But I could not lift heavy. But I do not know if I can.

I used that word or concept in answer to everything in life because I felt there was no other choice, I allowed my weakness and lack of strength to reinforce it, and grew a strange sense of comfort from it.
That word was a crutch I used and held onto to support myself through an injury I did not have or need, all my life.
It kept me standing up, so I thought, when in fact it crippled me and kept me in rather poor posture and affected my stamina and health.

This time of year, people consider change, many fail to be honest. They use this word alot.
Watch this video if you can it is short less than 5 minutes and please allow yourself to consider one possibility or mindset change -

Use the word once more and discard it from your Vocabulary and your life moving forward.
consider:

But, What If?
What if I reached my goals?
What if I can?
What If I do?
What if I succeed?

I do Not need to state the rest you already have heard me ramble on about myself far too much.
I just want to offer a small gift of encouragement a light or glimmer, a flicker of a promise.
A principle can become a promise, and promises were made to be kept in my book.

Goodluck, and if you decide 2015 is your year to change, embrace it and YOU WILL.

Here is a picture of some cooking that my hero James Duigan retweeted on Twitter it had 900 plus views just to prove the theory that the above can be realised. He is author of the book that changed my life Clean and Lean Warrior I had dreams of oneday speaking or communicating with him on how his book helped me learn and I always thought a year ago: But, That will never happen.
Below it is the Video I spoke of so highly by the great Mateusz M.

Oh and lastly I was made aware recently, by someone that has no idea, that I am possibly driven by the desire to profit from my advice or make money from the misfortune of others - Dead wrong, this blog is FREE and NO advertising revenue is gained, I have no current plans at all to consider a blog career my goal is to work in a gym locally, my Google + profile promotes No advertising, No Products or anything useless that most other people try and sell you.
My Twitter intentions are simple - build a strong following of positive hope and encourage change and growth in others. 
Perhaps people like that who make false assumptions without even knowing any basic facts are the same people who sell those dodgy abdominal devices or gadgets that promise to give you instant abs?
Whatever the reason in life, if you discover things that help yourself to grow, allow this to help you to share it with others. 
excuse the water bottle and bag branding in the picture the above does not apply I simply enjoy the good things in life :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment