Tuesday 17 March 2015

The Path of Excess Leads To the Tower of Wisdom - Blog Version

This blog explains some of the reasons and history behind the video of the same name, I released yesterday on YouTube. I was looking at a video released by a great friend known as ConfusedGirlLA or as I would prefer to call her, by the real awesomeness of her name, Giovanna Silvestre (yes your name almost is as epic as mine).

It was a video I did not come to expect from her. It was titled Facing Your Demons, the best way out is always through. She had replaced her usual loving confident persona with a shattered emotional, honest but wounded one. It made me reflect on the simple premise, even the best of us are never immune to the vagaries of negative emotions and feelings.

I felt at the time, poor dear, wish I could comfort her. But that feeling of detachment you have when you view something online - you remove the true sort of family concern, and replace it with the distant oh that person matters, I hope they are okay. Then something unusual happened, or perhaps not. I believe the universe works some patterns out of reasoning, I was to myself endure a day - or later that night - a period of emotional turmoil. I had to look deep within myself. I did constantly think of Giovanna during my small brief nightmare, and told her I planned to write about this. I kept thinking how can I possibly learn any lessons from this awful class we attend in life, and teach or reflect to other students, how to navigate it better?

The answer to that question, sadly is... when you view my video below I believe - keep in mind the U2 song I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.

I think a great lesson is, we are all students in a class called life. We need to sit and observe and try and worry less about asking too many deep questions. We want to seek the truths and feel inferior we have not mastered certain criteria. We have the lessons being taught in front of us, and we learn from each and every one. We gain something from each new learning curve, despite going home crying or feeling like the day bullied us into submission. We get back up the next morning, smile at our parents and go back to school, pushing away the fear of the day before. We want to run, we want to hide, but we know this is the stuff we are forced to do. If we do not do it, we will never pass. And I ask what exactly is the defining of passing the school of life???

I think to pass, we just simply need to leave the school, with a smile. We need to look back at the good times, and try to smell the roses along the way. We can try and push aside the time we got pushed into the rose bushes, and got pricked. We can feel gratitude for the times we made our friends lives better during class - when our friend was down we picked them up. We can reflect that we fought against the ideals of the bullies with love rather than hate. We beat them too. 

We passed. We passed. We already have a certificate to be proud of by living our dreams.

After graduating this High School, I will See you all in College or University someday perhaps?

The video below is the one I made yesterday. And a link to a site to view the song that inspired the flow of creativity to actualize the content. - A wonderful clip recorded in the city of dreams where beautiful people with beautiful hearts live, but feel broken or empty. Also the link to Running To Stand Still the lyrics from the official U2 website.



http://www.vevo.com/watch/u2/Where-The-Streets-Have-No-Name/GB1808700200


http://www.u2.com/discography/lyrics/lyric/song/111/

No comments:

Post a Comment